We met up with the first half of our tour a few days ago. The tour includes: Evergreen Terrace, Thick as Blood, and The Word Alive. The first two shows were awesome, alot of kids packed into small venues. Kids seemed to be in to us even if they didn't buy merch.
Evergreen Terrace is full of incredible dudes. I've already had real conversations with all of them. Which is odd because it takes a while for bands to actually start becoming friends on tour. They're all extremely friendly. The other two bands are pretty cool as well. Thick as Blood, are wild dudes who are constantly making they're own fun. AKA smashing shit. The Word Alive are young dudes and a little more chill, also friendly.
We played some interesting venues including a pizza shop with a stripper pole and a christian venue with an Aerosmith type cat walk sticking out from the front of the stage with a lightbox at the end. Real Fantasy stuff right there. Needless to say I jumped off the lightbox at least 3 times during the set. Before the show we had to join the crew in prayer. Awkward but we were respectful. The people were awesome, made us food had food for us all night, offered to fix anything wrong with our van and trailers ect. Bet part of the night was when the presented to us a BIBLE which had our band name inside........ UNHOLY! YESSSS! but later we discovered it actually said Unholly. Either the man misspelled our name or refused to write it. Either way I'm fine with it.
We've been playing a couple decent tour games. "Sandwhich Punch" as always, "Can You Surf That" (my personal favorite) and "The Coin Game", which basically is whoever has this Pokemon coin we found at the end of tour loses. It's more exciting than it sounds, you wouldn't get it. What do you know idiot?
We meet up with the "real" tour in a few days. Shows should be bigger and hopefully some kids will buy merch (fingers crossed). I don't miss home. I literally have nothing home waiting for me besides bills and work. Even Goose will be gone by the time I get there. Oh I do miss my bike.
Billy looks like Vin Deasel.....
Later Skater!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment